Sunday, November 24, 2013

You Weren't There

To My Wife Jo
You Weren’t There

As I got up this morning, the temperature in the house was warm ... but the
house seemed cold ... because you weren’t there.

Then I thought how God said, “Man is not meant to live alone.” and I realized
He sent you for me ... but now, you weren‘t there.

God said, “I will supply all your need according to my riches in Christ Jesus.”,
and again I realized He sent you for me ... but now, you weren‘t there.

God said, “Husbands, love you wives as Christ loved the church and gave
himself for it.”, and I tried to do that ... but now you weren‘t there.

 I did my morning walk and came home to look at you sleeping ... but you weren't there.

When I thanked God for my breakfast, I reached for your hand in my prayer ... but you weren't there.

As I took my shower and shaved, I looked at the sink next to me ... but you weren't there.

At the restaurant I ordered for two ... but you weren’t there.

At the store, I reached for your hand while shopping ... but you weren’t there.

When I came out of the store, I opened the car door for you ... but you weren’t there.

Last night as I got in bed, I had turned on the electric blanked two hours before,
but the bed seemed so cold ... because you weren’t there.

Then I reached over to caress you, hold you, feel your warm body next to mine,
make love to you ... but you weren’t there.

In all this, I said, “You are my soul mate, friend, companion in life, lover,
caretaker, partner, flesh of my flesh and bone of my bone.” ... but you weren’t there.

As I dreamed, my dreams were of you, and then I awoke and realized that
sometime in the future I would rejoice, and I would no longer say … “You weren’t 
there.” because we would be together again.

Is it wrong for one person to love and miss another person so much?

By Your Husband
Clyde Schremp
(12/7/2008)

While Jo was away 24/7 at Beacon Harbor Rehab after total hip replacement on 11/20/2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment